We've all had to swiftly run round our cars to dry them before water spots form, which are very hard to remove and can badly affect paintwork. And try as you might, washing and drying will cause swirl marks and light surface scratching.
Existing in-line water filters are either very expensive or have incredibly short lives, and can waste the casing, which is very environmentally unfriendly. This is the solution to water spots !
The Race Glaze unit costs 44 cents per litre, as supplied with its first fill of mineral-absorbing resin,and only 18 cents per litre with subsequent refills.
The larger filter contains 14 litres of resin, but produces 2.75 times as much output water than our 7L unit, due to its more efficient shape. It is the recommended size of professional detailers, valeters and owners of multiple cars.
The new Race Glaze Maxi-Filter uses a durable 11 bar pressure tested fibreglass tank ready filled with 7 or 14 litres of premium A1 grade resin (note: some budget filters use sharps - broken reject resin, or are only part filled) and comes ready for you to add standard Hozelock-type connectors (not supplied but available on this website) to begin use immediately.
Mains water comes into the unit and is distributed out from the top strainer into the resin bed, falls under pressure and gravity down through the resin bed and as its only outlet is into the bottom strainer and up the pipe, comes through the resin bed to emerge on the outlet side at 0 parts per million (ppm) of dissolved mineral solids.
Using a hosepipe to wash a car uses approx. 30 litres of water (AutoExpress 21/3/2012), a final rinse only a fraction of that - we estimate 5-7 litres at most.
This is a breakthrough in filtered water product for car washing that is proving to be very popular.
We recommend that a final rinse is performed at half mains pressure, just sufficient to create a wave of water over the vehicle, and should be able to be completed in around 45 seconds for a standard family car, little over a minute for a 4x4. This is based on our own usage over the last 4 years.
This filter will therefore allow you to rinse your car approximately once a week for a year before requiring a refill in a hard water area. But contamination levels of water vary throughout Australia - most metropolitan areas in Australia have soft to medium water. which will result in much greater economy. The most populated hard water areas in Australia are around Adelaide and parts of Brisbane. Its very soft (Melbourne) to hard in Adelaide.
- Leaves no water spots even without drying off
- Connects to your hosepipe or pressure washer effortlessly
- Use to fully wash or just final rinse to reduce usage - the latter for best economy
- The 7 litre capacity filter weighs 5kg, 50cm total height
- The 14 litre capacity filter weighs 10kg, 1m total height
- Produces 400+ litres of pure filtered water depending on local water hardness - much more in areas with hardness lower than 300ppm dissolves solids (so most Australian customers will achieve 600+ litres)
- Supplied ready to use, pre-filled with resin
- Refillable with new filtration resin granules - so much lower cost long term - A$89.99 for refills
- Supplied filled with resin and 3/4" threads for male adapters for Hozelock hosepipe fixings (adapters not supplied)
- Refilling takes 5 minutes
- No need to empty vessel of water between washes but advisable to run 2-3 litres through every 2 weeks in summer